Selling on Amazon is a dream for merchants and big brands.
There are a lot of selling stores in the world. We all are familiar with Wal-Mart, Metro, and other huge selling stores. One thing is common in them that is their selling style, they put the products in the store in racks. People come and purchase by having trolleys. This was the only concept of selling through store or online. But then Amazon came to the market. At first, it was not much popular among the people. It introduced the trend of selling online at a mass level. Within no time it spread this store chain across America.
If we talk about today, in almost all the major countries of the world it has its stores. There are millions of sellers and buyers on Amazon. Selling on amazon comes under a strict policy, first, you have to prove your identity to open an account.
How can you sell on Amazon?
Any individual or business living in a country where Amazon is legal to operate can open an account on Amazon.
Things you need for Account opening:
- It requires the original passport or NIC in scanned form.
- Bank statement with Logo and bank stamp on A4 size paper, in scanned form, also physical.
- Signup to Amazon seller central with (.com or .uk or .ca) depending on the country you are willing to sell in.
- Put all your details in there along with your original address, mobile number, and postal code.
- After completing the signup procedure, now you have to wait for the pin verification. Amazon will send you a pin code to your mentioned address, once you receive you have to enter your seller central.
- After that Amazon will ask you for identity verification through a video call. You have to schedule a video call in the coming days. In this video call, an amazon associate will join you and check your submitted documents like passport and bank statement. He or she can ask you to show the original passport or bank statement. After completing the verification if all goes well he will change the status to verified, if there is something missing at your side then they will ask you to resubmit and schedule a meeting again.
- Now your account is successfully created on Amazon. Now you are eligible for selling on Amazon.
Different ways to sell on Amazon
FBA (fulfillment by amazon)
FBM (fulfillment by merchant)
In fulfillment by amazon, one can sell his products by shipping directly to an Amazon warehouse in a country where he is willing to sell. Shipping to Amazon FBA Rapid Express Freight. Once your products are here on amazon and your account on Amazon is approved, you can live your inventory available on amazon warehouse. All the process from packing to shipping is AMZ headache. You have to pay a specific fee and nothing else. FBA Shipping Rapid Express Freight, know more about here.
In this category, you have to store your product at your warehouse instead of on AMZ. Make sure your warehouse is in the same state where you want to sell. It will be easy to manage. In AMZ FBM, the seller will be responsible for shipment and returns. It’s a bit complicated but there are a lot of people going this way.
There are more categories in FBA
FBA Wholesale, FBA private label
This system is the most secured one in Amazon. You do not need to choose a new product. You can sell any product which is already been sold on AMZ by a brand. Simply ask the brand to grant you permission to sell on Amazon. The brand will ask for some specific things then he will allow you to sell their products. This way you can sell and make some sales of the same product. In this wholesale process, one can evaluate the product’s worth, and instead of one product, he can sell more than 1 product at a time. This is why it’s secure.
We can assume its name. Private label, in this process we make our own brand. It requires some specific documentation in a country you are willing to do this. After owning a brand you manufacture products with your brand label. This process takes some time. Once done you have to send your all inventory to the Amazon warehouse and wait for the approval. Once approved now you will be allowed to live your inventory on AMZ seller central. This way you will be selling on amazon.
Above is the whole process which you can do to sell on amazon. The methods are explained which have been used on amazon. Selling on Amazon is easy to process but with strict rules. Amazon is mostly buyers friendly so sellers can’t create any kind of gap.
There are some more things like what if amazon blocks your account due to some reasons. You can go for an appeal to reinstate your account. For more details visit here.